9/04/2009

FRGT/10

I so fucking love this song!

We're stuck in a place so dark you can hardly see
The manner of matter that splits with the words I breathe
And as the rain drips acidic darkness around me
I block out the sight of the powers that be
And duck away into the darkness, times up
I wind up in a rusted world with eyes shut
So tight that it blurs into the world of pretend
And the eyes ease open and it's dark again

Listen to the sound, dizzy from the ups and downs
I'm nauseated by the polluted rot that's all around
Watchin' the wheels of cars that pass I look past
To the last of the light and the long shadows it cast
A window grows, captures the eye
And cries out a yellow light as it passes me by
And a young shadowy figure sits in front of a box
Inside a building of rock with antennaes on top
Now nothin' can stop in this land of the pain
The sane lose not knowin' they were part of the game
And as the insides change the box stays the same
And the figure inside could bear anybody's name
The memories I keep are from a time like then
I put on my paper so I can come back to them
Someday I'm hopin' to close my eyes and pretend
That this crumpled up paper can be perfect again

It's like a wall I can hide behind and start breathing again. I so love this song! Still reminding me of our travel home from Stuttgart. I was listening to it while sitting in the train and watching into the darkness. Oh, well. This song reminds me of the travel, it reminds of the moment I realized that I didn't enjoy the short stay in Stuttgart. I did enjoy it but not as much as I should have. That makes me sad, still. I don't know why. Maybe because it brought me back "home". From... late 2007 until July 2009 it got less and less with my "love" for my favorite band and I really didn't feel like I was still a fan. Well, I surely was but it didn't feel like it used to. But since Stuttgart, it's all back, it's feeling different now but it's there. I think I've grown up and this "love" has changed. Surely because I set priorities. And LP is one of the 4th or 5th on the priority chart so... they're not everything to me anymore. There are other people I love more than them. They're not the point anymore, they're rather surrounding me. Ouch, sounds bad.

So, I keep on listening to the song over and over again. While all of you are chatting with Mike, I'm having him rapping those beautiful words into my ears.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen