8/06/2009

Heaven & Hell

ATTEMPT No.1 - Proper blog posts

In case, there is something like Heaven. And in case, there is something like Hell. And assumed that the way people, religious people imagine Hell and Heaven to be, is true. Then I should get my ugly ass off my chair and find out how high the rent's like in Hell because I am quite convinced that I will go to Hell. Well, only if Hell really exists. Which is what I doubt. Like the existence of something like Heaven. There is nothing like that.
Despite that I dislike everything that has to do with Heaven and Hell, I just finished a very nice fanfiction about this topic. The author creates a world that includes Hell, Heaven and Earth in a way that I like. It's not all about shiny, shiny, innocent happy Heaven, full of Angels and other creatures that only want you to behave the way the bible says. Actually, it's not about all of those things, not at all.
So what if, there is a Heaven but its leaders change every few years, which means there would be no God. Really, Heaven can exist without a God. Without Angels, without white clouds, without souls of the best human beings that have ever lived on Earth.
Why are you damned and have to go to hell only because you're homosexual, only because you curse, only because you do have enemies? Why when you treat your loved ones like kings and queens, when you protect them the best you can, why do you have to go to hell when you're actually one of the nicest persons on Earth but you don't go to church every fucking Sunday? What's that about?
I don't believe in any of that but it only seems to have no sense at all to me.
In the end, Heaven is only the place you wish to go later, when you'd reach the ending of your shitty life. Hell is the place you want your enemies to go. It's just what I think about it, so please don't take it as offense. Believe in what you want, it's your decision, not mine. And I'm not the one to judge or tell you what to believe in.

I wanna be as big as a mountain
I wanna fly as high as the sun
I wanna know what the rent's like in Heaven
I wanna know where the river goes

by Stone Temple Pilots, "Where the river goes"

2 Kommentare:

  1. It's not about heaven or hell, but god itself... but here's a line of a John Lennon's song that I think it's quite right!.

    "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"

    So true!

    Even the non-religious ones have blamed god if things don't go they way. I don't believe on heaven or hell even though I'm catolic, I think it's full of shit, so I kind of believe in the things I want to believe and heaven and hell just don't fit in my believes *lol*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I have to agree! I don't believe in Heaven or Hell either, though I believe in something else, something that kind of makes me looking forward to it.
    And yes, God is just something people like to believe in when they're in big trouble. The best examples are diseases, war and other catastrophes, or like these days, crisis. Everything that ever went wrong, it's what God wanted. Because people don't like to blame bad things on themselves, instead they create a God who's the bad guy, but at the same time the one who's able to end the bad times.
    In the end, it's us who change things, who rescue each other and ourselves. So, I sometimes have to laugh about religious people who say that God solved their problems, because it wasn't God, it was them.

    And thanks for commenting! *huggles*

    AntwortenLöschen