7/31/2009

Dead and tired.

Old, I'm feeling old right now. Physically and mentally. Every single part of my body hurts, not because of the jumping and pushing, mostly because the waiting I assume. What was it? A 9 hours wait? Oh hell, maybe even 12 hours. I don't remember. I think I started to get annoying right after soundcheck, I asked my friend for time like every 30 minutes. Mostly, because I wanted to stand somewhere else.
Seriously, you're getting used to it. I don't feel as damaged as usually after concerts, my voice is still there! XD I can talk! But I'm tired. And kind of exhausted. Back to the feeling of being old.
As we sat there and waited to get in, we listened to the conversations of the fans around us. Fans, well... let's put it this way: mostly people who think that they're fans. They may be, but no real fans. I don't know why and when I started to consider myself as real fan but... I think I am. A real fan isn't only there to look at only one LPer, a real fan knows everything, 'specially when it comes to the lyrics, the ups and downs, the whole structure of Linkin Park, a real fan knows everything about the LP system. About traditions, about behavior, about... well, everything. Of course, you can't know every little fact, that's not what I'm trying to say.
You don't have to be a fan for 9 or 6 years (like me) to be considered as real fan. It's like... real fans feel who's a real fan and who only pretends to be one.
Coming back to yesterday's show in Stuttgart... there were soooooo many pretentious fans. You could feel that. Or hear. They said that there were about... 31.000 people, and in our corner, it seemed like we were the only two die-hard fans. Except the guy next to me. He was new to this whole concert thingie, it was his first one but still, you could hear that he was a die-hard fan. I mean there were people who didn't even know how the band looked! And they considered themselves as fan! There were so many people who couldn't sing along with Crawling or In the end or One step closer, people who didn't understand why some of us were rocking even more to One Step Closer, why we reacted that way to the song. I mean, come on... if you think you're a fan, you at least know the lyrics! And as sad as it was, at least Chester and Brad noticed that. Most of the time they stood in front of us and even pointed at us because we knew every single word.
I'm not angry or anything, not mad, I don't have the feeling of ripping off their heads or something. It's just sad. Even though, Stuttgart was a very good show, the crowd was great, the singing was good. The band was good, the venue was huge. All in all, a great experience, worth the pain, the frustration.
Back to the feeling of being old. I've been a fan for 6 years, Stuttgart was my 6th show, and I really started to feel old. So did my friend. There were fans either fans for 8+ years but pretentious or fans who are actually only fans when there's an occasion to be one. And it was sad that there were so many LPUers who didn't sing along.
I felt so old only because of the experiences I made. Because I could stay calm when Mike walked by, I mean... it's Mike. And even with Chester. I already did touch them, I know that I will have the opportunity to talk to them properly someday. So why pushing against everybody, jeopardize like my life, only to touch Mike? Or a sweaty, half-naked Chester? Even if you've never touched them, there'll be a time when you'll be able to. As long as you don't plan to quit your job as LP fan, there's no reason to hurry or bring yourself in danger, only to get closer to them because it will happened someday anyway in a way saver way.

Dunno, if I really want to upload my sucky pictures of the show. Maybe the ones of Funeral for a friend I made. THEY WERE FUCKING AWESOME!
Coheed and Cambria sucked, they didn't involve the crowd. And the singer of Funeral for a friend asked, if we'd be looking forward to see Coheed and Cambria and everybody was like "yeah...". Like, "Oh, he's nice, let's just give him a fake answer so he's happy." But you could hear that no one wanted to see them! XD It was soooo fucking boring. At least I was able to watch the people backstage.

So... I made 3 great photos of Chester, I'm proud of them. The ones of Brad would've been great but there was something on my camera oO well... Brad distracted me so often! Was so awkward that he looked at me so often. I don't really like that...

EDIT:
I own these photos!
And... nice dog of yours, Rob. x3 Cute!

1 Kommentar:

  1. http://outofashes-lovemusic.blogspot.com/2009/07/bennington-file.html#comments

    same topic love ^^ love ya

    AntwortenLöschen